The California Motorcyclist Safety Program Motorcyclist Training Course (CMSP MTC) is designed to help you become licensed in the State of California. The course is based on the most current research in rider safety and utilizes modern training methods.
The CMSP MTC costs $258 if you are age 21 or older, and $180 if you are age 20 or younger.
It will help you determine if motorcycle riding is right for you, address some of the hazards of riding, develop your riding skills, and refine them into accident avoidance skills. Though designed for new riders, any rider that has not taken a motorcycle course will benefit from this course.
Successful completion will award you a DMV waiver for your on-motorcycle test, which is challenging and not accompanied by any teaching or coaching. (Note that you will still be responsible for paying the DMV’s standard licensing fees). Your graduation card may also provide discounts with your insurance company. Be sure to check and call around for best rates.
- Building riding confidence and handling fear
- Understanding how motorcycles turn
- Proper cornering strategies
- Emergency crash avoidance skills
Your Tuition Includes:
- Our new-for-2015 curriculum is broken into two classroom segments, and two on-motorcycle segments. Together, the segments total just under 16 hours.
- There will be a knowledge test and skills test that must both be passed in order to successfully complete the course.
- We provide the training motorcycles and carry an assortment of sizes and styles at any given time, all under 250cc. Don’t think that’s much bike? Just wait; they’re fun!
- We also provide helmets, which have just been replaced with brand new Bell Qualifiers, some of the best helmets in the industry.